The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Little Rock admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Little Rock do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
While IC does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student’s emotional, academic, and physical abilities, and the resources available to the school in meeting the student’s needs. New students entering IC will be on academic and disciplinary probation for a period of 60 days. After 60 days, an evaluation will be made.
1. Registered IC Parish families, especially those with children in the school.
2. Catholic families, especially those with children in the school.
3. Non-Catholic families, especially those with children in the school.
In the event that the number of applications exceeds available openings at a particular grade level, the family will be notified that their child is on a waiting list and will be contacted when space becomes available.
How to Apply for Pk through 8th grade:
1) Family new to IC school will begin the Online Application process here; Create an Account.
Family with siblings presently enrolled at IC school, log into your Family Portal→Apply/Enroll→Application (New Student).
2) Then log in to your account and select Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
3) Provide Supporting documents:
- Copies of all academic Report Cards and Standardized testing (1st to 8th-grade applicants).
- Copies of all special records, Educational/Diagnostic Testing Results; including OT/PT and Speech Therapy, Psychological or Behavioral Therapies. Include any testing and diagnosis; whether services were needed and/or provided.
- Birth Certificate, Immunization Record, and Baptismal Certificate, if Catholic.
4) Sign and Forward Authorization for Release of Confidential Student Records to the student's current school (1st to 8th-grade applicants).
5) Sign and forward IC Student Evaluation Form to the student's current teacher.
6) A non-refundable fee of $50 will be processed at the submission of each application.
Depending on the grade applying for, once the application and documents are submitted to IC school we will:
7) Schedule a half or full-day for the student to shadow in the current grade level.
8) Student Placement Testing completed at IC.
An application is not considered complete until the above requirements are met and the supporting documents are provided, when applicable.
Our acceptance policy is personalized and designed to ensure, to the best of our ability, to help find the best fit for the student and the family. When the application is complete, the Application Committee will review the supporting documents. Pending their review, Administration may potentially set up a meeting with the parents and student to discuss enrollment and/or send an acceptance letter.
APPLICATION CHECKLIST -- quick reference tool during the application process.
Age Requirement Preschool through Kindergarten
In compliance with diocesan regulations, no child shall be admitted unless he/she has attained the age-grade level specifically on or before September 1 of the such school year.
We comply fully with Arkansas State Immunization guidelines for all students. Check with your family doctor or call our office with any questions. You may also visit the following Website to learn more about required immunizations for your child, AR Dept of Health and Human Services.
Student Health Regulations Act 676 Exemptions Information, click here.
Listed below are the Enrollment Instructions you will process once the acceptance has been offered.
New Student Enrollment Process
Conditional enrollment of new students begin when an acceptance letter is sent. Upon receipt of our acceptance letter you will receive information on the next steps of enrollment such as:
- Establish your FACTS Family Portal. FACTS is our database that facilitates both tuition payment management and the Family Portal; which gives parents access to academic and demographic information.
- From your Family Portal account you will review/correct the Enrollment information. This allows you to review the data given on the application and update or correct student and family information.
- After this process is complete you will receive an email during the summer months, or at time of assessment, regarding school calendar, supplies, volunteering and/or Principal's beginning of school welcome letter.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Continuing Students Re-enrollment
Those families with children currently enrolled in the school will receive information about Re-enrollment. There is a $100 non-refundable Enrollment fee for each child for pre-school and kindergarten and a $75 non-refundable Enrollment fee for students in grades 1 – 8. Re-enrollment must be completed by date designated for your children to continue enrollment for the next school year. Late fee is assessed for re-enrollment not completed by designated date.