IC School loves volunteers! We have many ways for parents and other volunteers to be involved. Whether you're interested in helping out for a few hours, or becoming a regular volunteer, IC School has a perfect opportunity for you.
Our Fair Share Hours Program provides services and support to enrich our educational programs, ensures that these responsibilities are uniformly distributed and shared among school families, and offers families opportunities to enrich their interactions with other school parents as well as their children’s teachers and classrooms.
Parents are asked to choose a participation option each school year – either perform creditable volunteer service at the school, or make a monetary payment in lieu of service hours. For more details about the Fair Share Hours Program, please visit the IC handbook.
Parents, please to record your volunteer hours on Family Portal under the Family Information tab-->Select person-->Service hours tab.
Prior to volunteering, person must complete CMG Connect: Safe Environment.
For PTO volunteer opportunities, please email PTO@icsnlr.org.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- PTO Back2School Daze (August)
- PTO board positions (elected in the spring)
School and PTO Events
- Falcon Fest planning committee (August-October)
- Falcon Fest event worker (October)
- Falcon Fest set up and tear down (October)
- Raise Craze fundraiser
- PTO Pancake Breakfast (Catholic Schools Week in Jan/Feb)
- First Communion
- Field Day (May)
- PTO Santa Shop (December)
- 8th grade banquet (May--usually hosted by 7th grade parents)
- Optional uniform items sales
- School supply kits (summer-August)
- Boxtops, Coke rewards coordinator--coordinate volunteers, collect items, redeem items, keep school informed of totals
- Boxtops, Coke rewards volunteer--help at home by cutting out labels, counting, gluing and sorting boxtops, entering Coke rewards
- Scoreboard and clock at sporting events
- Coaching (volleyball, football, basketball, track, cross country, golf)
- Concession stand at home games
- Library--shelve books, other tasks associated with the library
- Book fair--set up, sales, tear down
- AR store--purchase AR prizes, AR store sales
- Red Ribbon Week
- Spelling bee
- Geography bee
- Field trip chaperones and drivers
- Open House worker (August/Sept and Jan/Feb)
- Choir proctor (weekly practice, Friday all-school Masses)
- Substitute teaching
- Lunch duty volunteer
- Health screenings--vision, hearing, scoliosis
- Advancement committee
- Lost and found organizer
- Grant writer--aid in identifying and applying for appropriate grants
- School board
- Playground improvement
- Bulletin Board/Entryway coordinator--design and update front foyer bulletin board